JOB POSTING for TECHNICAL DIRECTOR of the CATR 2022 Conference
CATR 2022: Performing Emergence: RePlay, ReCollect, ReExist is the hybrid conference of the Canadian Association for Theatre Research (https://catracrt.ca). It will be run on the TheatreAgora.ca website through online hosts St. Thomas University (May 27-28) and the University of Toronto Scarborough (June 6-7) and in-person host the University of Lethbridge (June 12-14).
Dates of Position: February 14 – August 1, 2022
Compensation: $8,000. If it is agreed that the Technical Director be at U Lethbridge during the in-person part of the conference, airfare, per diem, and accommodation will be provided.
Summary: We are seeking someone with web design experience and team leadership to be the Technical Director responsible for preparing, maintaining, and running “live” the CATR 2022 area of the TheatreAgora.ca website. An interest in working with the theatre scholars and practitioners who run the conference is essential.
Job Description: The successful candidate will lead and achieve the technical requirements of the hybrid conference, including:
• work closely with the Conference Chair, Conference Coordinator, and TheatreAgora.ca Technical Director to achieve all CATR 2022 conference goals
• lead in populating CATR 2022’s web presence on TheatreAgora.ca with provided content
• attend meetings of the conference’s Organizing Committee and Digital Dramaturgy Committee
• attend meetings of the TheatreAgora.ca Committee
• merge seamlessly the conference’s online aspects with the in-person aspects at U Lethbridge
• train and supervise Synchronous Session Assistants who run individual sessions during the conference
• troubleshoot and remedy challenges associated with the web-based and hybrid aspects of the conference
• properly and accessibly archive CATR 2022’s web presence on TheatreAgora.ca after the conference
In the months before the conference, the work is project-based, attending to essential web design work, meetings, and deadlines. Candidates must be fully available to work during the run of the conference (the week of May 27 through the week of June 14). After the conference, the work is again project-based.
• proficiency in WordPress and Zoom platforms
• proficiency (or ability to learn and train others) in relevant platforms such as Kumospace and Sched
• articulate and timely communication practices over email and in Zoom meetings
• ability to work effectively as part of a team
• ability to train, lead and manage a team to achieve common goals
• passive French-English bilingualism is preferred, but not required
CATR values diversity in the vision and management of our annual conference. Priority consideration will be given to applications from women, racialized persons/persons of colour, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders. Applicants should email a single-page letter of application describing interest and availability with a curriculum vitae that details web design and online event or conference operation experience to email@example.com by February 7, 2022.