Department of Human Resources Employment Services
2019-13-33 — #244
UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR
NOTICE OF VACANCY
C.U.P.E. LOCAL 1393
POSITION TITLE: Scenic Designer / Artist
CLASSIFICATION/RATE OF PAY: Classification “VI” per Schedule A of the collective agreement
DEPARTMENT: School of Dramatic Art
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The purpose of the Scenic Designer/Artist position (SD/A) is to design and paint the scenery, properties, and furniture for the University Players productions. The incumbent translates concepts and ideas from play directors into set designs that help set the tone for each production. He/she plays a role in the process from initial conceptualization to the final product. In this role, the incumbent mentors students in both lab and production settings so they can develop their skills in the craft.
The successful candidate will have:
- • BFA or equivalent in Scenic design
- • 3 years’ experience designing and painting at the University or professional level
- • Proficiency in both traditional drafting and computer aided design programs
- • 2 years’ experience working with AutoCAD
- • Proficiency with the following software: Current version of Mac OS, Windows 7, Google Sketchup, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Vectorworks
- • Advanced scene painting skills
- • Excellent time management skills
- • Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment
- • Experience in multi-media design/projections
- • Portfolio to demonstrate the aforementioned qualifications
- • Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends as required
- • Ability to work at different sites as required
- • Master of Fine Arts in Scenic Design
- • 5 years’ experience designing and painting at the University or professional level
- • 5 years’ experience working with AutoCAD
2018-13-33 — #244
The University of Windsor is a welcoming community that is committed to equity and supports diversity in its teaching, learning, and work environments. In pursuit of the University’s Employment Equity Plan, members from the designated groups (Women, Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, and Sexual Minorities) are encouraged to apply and to self-identify.
If you need an accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Employment Coordinator (email@example.com). Should you require further information on accommodation, please visit the website of the Office of Human Rights, Equity & Accessibility (OHREA) at www.uwindsor.ca/ohrea.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
EMPLOYEES INTERESTED IN THE ABOVE MUST APPLY ELECTRONICALLY BY COMPLETING AN “APPLICATION FOR TRANSFER” FORM AND FORWARDING WITH YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
ON OR BEFORE:
Friday August 30, 2019 at 4:00PM