TRIC/RTAC invites submissions of articles and forum pieces for its Spring 2023 issue. TRIC/RTAC is Canada’s only peer-reviewed journal with an explicit focus on Canadian and Québécois theatre in both official languages and a dedication to supporting research that explores Indigenous theatre and performance cultures.
We welcome submissions in English and French for both sections:
- articles (6,000-8,000 words) that draw from a range of critical academic and research-creation approaches applied to the study of theatre and performance. Submissions are peer-reviewed by at least two scholars familiar with the content and/or methodology of the article. Due October 1, 2022
- forum pieces (3,000-5,000 words) can be position papers, commentary on issues of significance to the journal’s mandate, information about new and old projects, critical interviews, and research notes. Submissions are reviewed by the editorial team. Due November 1, 2022
- original studies of actors, playwrights, directors, designers, theatre companies and buildings, theatrical genres, festivals, and other large-scale performances
- theoretically-grounded studies of individual dramatic works and performance texts – analysis of performance in everyday life
- performance of nation or community through public acts or spectacles
- forum “in memoriam” piece that cover the passing of people active in Québécois and Canadian theatre and theatre research
- forum pieces from roundtables or keynotes from the 2022 CATR and SQET conferences
Please note, if you are an emerging and/or equity-owed scholar and/or artist and you would like support while working on your article or forum piece, please contact Associate Editor (Outreach) Selena Couture (email@example.com) to set up a meeting.
Please submit complete articles by October 1, 2022, and forum pieces by November 1, 2022, to be considered for our Spring 2023 issue. Full articles and forum pieces should be typed double-spaced, following the internal editorial style found in the MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers, 8 th edition. Articles and forum pieces should include an abstract and brief biographical note (75 words).
More information on how to submit articles and how to subscribe can be found on our website: https://www.utpjournals.press/journals/tric/submissions