POSITION TITLE: Technical and Production Coordinator
CLASSIFICATION/ RATE OF PAY: Tentative Classification “V” per Schedule A of the Collective Agreement
DEPARTMENT: School of Dramatic Art
EXTERNAL UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR NOTICE OF VACANCY C.U.P.E. LOCAL 1393
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Technical and Production Coordinator [TPC] provides technical direction and will oversee and actively participate in the creation of the entire production process of main stage and studio theatre productions, according to budget, schedule, and deadlines.
The successful candidate will have:
• Undergraduate degree in Technical Theatre plus 3 years professional experience
• Proven operational and theoretical knowledge of sound engineering and lighting and projection
design for theatre
• Proven knowledge of set, furniture, and prop construction and ability to read working drawings
• Knowledge of CAEA Stage Manager duties
• Certification for Man-Lift operation and fall Arrest
• Ability to operate effectively and pro-actively within a small team
• Proven ability to work efficiently and meet deadline within a busy schedule
• Proven time-management and organizational skills
• Experience in trouble-shooting and problem solving, within a Theatre and production environment
• Proficiency in computer aided design, such as AutoCad, Vector Works, Google Sketch Up or Q-Lab
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
The University of Windsor is a welcoming community that is committed to equity and supports diversity in its teaching, learning, and work environments. In pursuit of the University’s Employment Equity Plan, members from the designated groups (Women, Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, and Sexual Minorities) are encouraged to apply and to self-identify.
If you need an accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Employment Coordinator (email@example.com). Should you require further information on accommodation, please visit the website of the Office of Human Rights, Equity & Accessibility (OHREA) at www.uwindsor.ca/ohrea.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
EMPLOYEES INTERESTED IN THE ABOVE MUST APPLY ELECTRONICALLY BY COMPLETING AN “APPLICATION FOR TRANSFER” FORM AND FORWARDING WITH YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
ON OR BEFORE:
Thursday August 15, 2019 at 4:00PM
2019-13-28 — #74